Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wendy

I don't know what to write. Wendy died this morning, she must have had something go wrong internally. Wendy was a very sweet goat, she wasn't very smart, but she had a good heart. It's seems different to have a older goat die then a younger one. I'm going to downsize on the goats and sell Silver and Zoe. Harley when he gets bigger. Wendy had Lily and I thank her for that.

I had a Demonstration for 4-H tonight and I brought Pixie and Harley. I talked about baby goats and their care. Harley was a big hit, everyone loved his ears. They (the babies) started getting kind of loud toward the end of the meeting because the Demo wasn't till after the meeting and it took forever. My sister and I each had a baby goat in our laps and it was kind of hard to concentrate, being the president and all that probably wasn't the best idea. I gave pretty basic goat facts, when they stop nursing, when their fully grown. That kind of thing. I know that I haven't put the pictures of the winter wonderland up yet but I'll do it tomorrow if it kills me, wait, how could I do it if I was dead?

Linking to:

6 comments:

Millie said...

I do understand. It's so hard to keep loving when everything seems to go wrong no matter how hard you work to do things right. Our human was there in August. Anyone who has raised animals has gone through these bad patches. Sometimes it is best to take some time to heal our hearts, but I would recommend waiting a little bit to sell anyone to make sure it is really what you want. Blessings.

Tayet Silverspoon said...

I'm probably going to wait until spring to sell them. That way I'll have time to think it over like you said and make sure that I actually want to sell them.

Pricilla said...

I am sorry for all the loss you have had.

IsobelleGoLightly said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Wendy! Kisses

uglydog75 said...

I am so sorry to read about Wendy. It is so hard to lose them - she was lucky to have had such a great home with you...

Angela said...

Welcome to Tuesdays' Show & Tail! I'm so sorry to hear that your goat Wendy died. She was a beautiful goat and I'm sure you will miss her dearly. I too was in the 4-H but that was many years ago. I loved it! I was a Delaware.

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela