Saturday, February 5, 2011

Names!

Meet Harley.
and Quinn!
If any of you guys are geeks like me, you have watched Bat-Man enough to know that the Joker has a sidekick named Harley Quinn, she's a girl, but who cares?

Uhura lost her ligaments yesterday afternoon. I insulated the duck pen more and moved Uhura in there. The ducks don't mind because at the moment they are living in the garage. the last time I checked on her was about 1:00 a.m. She wasn't showing any progress except for a long, clear, strand of mucus. I went to bed and set an alarm to wake me up at 3:00 a.m. When it woke me up I thought it was just the phone ringing so I hit off and went back to sleep. I don't know what time it was when I woke up, but my dad was yelling up the stairs, "Get out of bed! More baby goats!" I responded by mumbling something like, "I'm coming, I'm coming." over and over. I got down stairs, and found two, little, babies in the kitchen. My little sister had checked on Huey, and found them. I got Uhura in the house and in the basement. New straw went in the duck pen and Gold and Pixie have moved out. I cleaned the basement where they are staying and Uhura, Harley and Quinn moved in. We are giving shots of Oxytocin to Silver right before we let Gracie nurse. We give her the shot in her shoulder muscle, and then massage her udder. Then we wait 10 minutes and Milk her. We let Gracie latch on and nurse for as long as she wants. If there is any milk left over, we milk her out and let her on her merry way. We give the milk to Gracie in a bottle or freeze it for later. Pixie has her sweater on and is doing great outside with her mom.

7 comments:

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

they are darling little things! so sweet!

uglydog75 said...

They are SOOOO cute!!! Congrats!

Millie said...

You certainly are taking good care of your kids! They are awfully cute!

IsobelleGoLightly said...

My goodness! They are gorgeous!!! Congratulations to you and the does!!!

Pam in Wisconsin said...

Cute!! Are they Lamanchas?

Tayet Silverspoon said...

They are half La Mancha and half Pygmy. Their dad is the La Mancha.

Pricilla said...

There's gonna be a lot of hoppin' going on!
Congratulations