Friday, February 18, 2011

Very Sad News

A couple of days ago, I went out to take care of the goats and found Quinn laying splayed out on the ground and nearly gone. We made him comfortable, but their was nothing we could do. We had moved the babies outside the day before that and someone must have headbutted or trampled him, I moved them out of the basement because of the wonderful weather. I'm glad he got to see a bit of the world before he died. Two days after that, I went out to check on the goats and give Gracie a bottle at around midnight. Gracie was dead. I don't want to sound harsh, but I hate it when people say "Passed away" or "Gone" or "Lost" if you say lost, then that sounds like you have some chance of them coming back.I moved Pixie, Harley, Gold and Uhura into the old chicken pen because the duck pen is to wet. They are doing well there and Uhura has gotten over the fact that she only has one baby now. She was very sad at first but she's better now. Pixie is doing wonderfully and like to eat oranges. Harley nurses almost constantly and is still pretty tiny! I'll put pictures up later today so check back!

7 comments:

Tree Hugger said...

I guess it's how you look at it--
I haven't had a pet to die lately, but when my Dad "passed", that's when I suddenly refused to say DIE!! My Dad is NOT dead! He will live forever in my heart, AND my belief is that he lives on with GOD.
Dead is gone - never to be again.
So, Dad has "passed" and I look forward to when we are together again.
And, I feel that animals also have a living energy and that when our bodies are no longer here on earth, I feel that our souls will be together again.
The downside of babies departing is sad.
I hope that the rest of your babies remain healthy and nothing happens to them.

IsobelleGoLightly said...

So sorry you've lost Quinn and Gracie! xxxxx ooooo

Melodie said...

I am very sorry you lost your babies....

Millie said...

There is one thing that spending time in a barnyard will teach us--life is not fair. Yet each loved one that passes through touches our hearts and souls forever and blesses us with their being. Nanny hugs and kisses.

Pricilla said...

I am very sorry

Pam in Wisconsin said...

These little kids are so fragile. Such a painful experience to lose them after all the efforts to keep them alive. Sorry to hear.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

I am so sorry luv.....so very sorry.......

I can't say better what Millie so wisely just said......

Hugs to you and the wee ones.....
xox