Thursday, May 19, 2011

E is for Ebullient Ducklings







video
A few days ago, my duck's eggs began to hatch. We have a total of 11 ducklings! They are so adorable. There are 6 grey ones, 2 yellow ones and 3 black ones. Their mom is very protective and will bite you if she feels the need. But it is very hard to not pick them up and cuddle them! My sister and I made an outside pen for them the day before yesterday. It's not super big, and it's only made out of chicken wire. Tommi can fly right over if she wants. But for now, it's perfect for them. Because if Tommi can fly out, she can get back in as well.

The newest duckling just hatched today, it took four days for all 11 ducklings to hatch. We all keep calling them chicks, it's a lot easier than calling them ducklings, I mean out of habit mostly. We almost never have ducklings, but have chicks almost every year.

Linking to Jenny Matlocks, Alphabe-Thursday.

9 comments:

Pricilla said...

They are very cute indeed

Lola said...

They're so cute - great ‘E’ post!

Happy Alphabe-Thursday!

LOLA:)

Btw Alphabe-Thursday

Amanda said...

First of all, I've never seen a goat with blue eyes before. It looks amazing.

Second of all, the ducklings are very cute, now I want some so bad!

Last but not least, I admit had to look up the word "ebullient".

edenhills said...

Those ducklings are just adorable. I think they are about my favorite of the baby birds. Them or geese. I can't decide.

Teresa

Millie said...

Quack! Quack! Quack! Tommi looks so happy to be a momma in that third picture.

PERMANENT POSIES said...

Such a cute subject for "E" day.

Judie said...

Do they get along with the goats???

Jenny said...

Oh, oh! I love your zoo! I don't know if I've ever seen a picture of ducklings, but they are absolutely sweet. It's nice of you to give Tommi the ability to escape when necessary (for food or sanity...whichever story you prefer)

Thanks for a really exceptional link this week. You made my heart smile.

A+

H said...

I'm soooo glad you added a video. I was scrolling through the photos thinking "I wish there was a video." Great post. They are adorable!