Thursday, July 28, 2011

O is for Owly

From tiny little chick...
 To prehistoric looking dinosaur chick...
 To fully feathered, pretty little young chicken.
 I give you.......
 Owly!!!

48 days ago, I heard a loud peeping noise coming from an abandoned horse stall in our toolshed. It turned out to be 13 cute, little chicks. In the last 48 days, they have gone from balls of fluff, to dinos, to young chickens. And today, I want you to meet Owly! The chick that stands out the most, mostly because s/he looks completely different then the other chicks, but also because s/he is the nicest little chick. S/he will sit on your shoulder and peep in your ear while you talk to her/him. S/he's so cute!

For more letter O posts, visit Jenny Matlock for Alphabe-Thursday.

Don't miss my Birthday post next week!

8 comments:

Ames said...

Awwwwah! How cool is that! Once we watched a nest for of Cardinals hatch and grow until they flew the nest. ~Ames

Peggy said...

How wonderful! Love watching baby critters grow.

Teresa said...

What an adorable little chick. I just lost my chickens to a raccoon, so I'm going to have to get some more babies.

Millie said...

Dinosaur~very funny.

stef said...

Even baby birds grow fast. Wowza!

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Goodness...he *does* look prehistoric! lol
(and cute!)

Jenny said...

I have a crush on Owly!

What a neat series of pictures!

I feel like I had a refreshing visit in the country...and believe me...with the heat advisories going on here the escape was welcome!

Thanks for another outstanding link!

You're just cool.

A+

Jenny said...

kinda does look like a dino chick