Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Birthday Week, the Fair and Cookie Daze

OK, first on the agenda we have birthday week! My sister and mom's birthday was yesterday. Mine is tomorrow, the 4th. And my big brother is the 7th. Wheee! Birthday week is so fun! It's basically a birthday, fun full week. My dad is the 2nd of October and my littlest sister is January 16th (I think she missed the memo).

Second: The fair begins tomorrow! On my birthday! What could be better? An Alphabe-Thursday post, the first day of the fair and my birthday. I'm bringing Gold and showing her in the pet class.

Third: Cookie Daze... How do I explain Cookie Daze? I'll do it like this: A guy dressed up as Cookie Monster, a big garbage can of cookies dangling from the top of a fire truck ladder, rope ready to be pulled by Cookie Monster, Cookie Monster pulling the rope and lot's of kids rushing to get the cookies. Some cookies have stickers on them that entitle you to a free scoop of ice cream at Culvers or a Free Pan Pizza at Pizza Hut. But the grand prize? The cookie that has star stickers and is shiny? Wins a great big new Mountain bike. Yes, a mountain bike. And the unfair thing? I'm turning 13 tomorrow and the age groups are as follows: 5-7, 8-9, and 10-12. It's on the 6th. I have been doing Cookie Daze since I was around 6 years old. That's, lets see, almost seven years. And my dad says I can't cheat at Cookie Daze because it would shame me forever and into all of eternity. And I say, what is 2 days? It's barely cheating! Just this last time, I would like to do it, this one. Last. Time. Is that to much to ask for? I think I'm tearing up. I think the people at Cookie Daze would understand. Oh, why is life so cruel? Why all the tyranny and injustice? Why? Why, I say?! OK, I think I've pulled myself together...

So, in closing I would like all of you goats and people and humans to comment and tell my Father to let me cheat. Let me have the joy of Cookie Daze one last time (I usually only cheat at board games (a lot.) but this is an exception). Thank you for your time.

4 comments:

Pricilla said...

No, I am sorry I have to agree with your father. You don't want to be the Abbygoat of humans do you?

Pricilla said...

Oh, and happy birthday!

Millie said...

But 13 is such a big milestone birthday, turning a teenager and all, you couldn't possibly cheat! Happy 13th Birthday!

Debbie @ Swampbilly Ranch said...

Shame forever and into eternity. That's alot to risk. Besides, think of all those other little 6 year olds that are waiting for their turn to try for the magic cookie.