Friday, August 26, 2011

The Versatile Blogger


Laughing Duck Farm has a Versatile Blogger Award up for grabs! If you want it, you can take it for your blog.

The award rules state that I must tell everyone 7 things about myself that you may or may not know. Here we go...

1) I hate milk. I can't stand the taste, but I love cereal. Cereal doesn't go with anything but milk. I read a book once where a girl tried it with orange juice, but somehow, I don't think that would be to good.

2) I do not like my hair. It's to long, it's annoying, I hate brushing it. Terrible. In this picture, it's pretty long, it's even longer now. I have one more inch to go before I cut it all off for Locks of Love. I have done Locks of Love 4 times, this will be my 5th. 
3) I have a sprained wrist, I kept falling over in soccer and falling on my wrist. I fall over a lot in soccer... so much, the ref never calls any fouls when I get shoved over because he thinks I'm just randomly falling over again. Maybe I should stop falling over so much...

4) My favorite fruit is watermelon. I can never get enough of it. "More watermelon, Tay?" *Insert muffled grunt of agreement here* "Sorry, I couldn't hear you with the three pieces of watermelon stuck in your mouth"

5) I don't have a good camera, it's just 5.0 Megapixels, but I manage pretty well. I mean, look at the awesome pictures I take with it! It's like magic! Heehee.

6) My brother was very funny when he was little. One day, he came up with a "funny" joke.
Knock knock.
Who's there?
Mad mashed potato.
Mad mashed potato, who?
Mad mashed potato don't wanna swim!

Um, what?

 "Marn, why didn't the potato want to swim?" "Well, duh, because he would fall apart!"

 OK, I guess that makes a little sense, how did he come up with it though? Why was the mashed potato mad?

That doesn't really tell you anything about me, but it does tell you a bit about my life.

7) When I was little, I loved getting my picture taken at Wal-Mart. I just loved it. But it had to be the same photographer or I wouldn't smile. Then one year, my mom had a coupon for a different place and she didn't tell me. When we got there, my photographer wasn't there! They tried all the tricks, shaking a rattle (come on, I was like, six, why would a rattle make me smile?), waving the stuffed animal around, everything. Nuh-uh, I was not going to budge. Finally, my mom got sick of me and told the photographer to just take the picture. Now, my dad has that picture in his wallet, people used to ask, "Why isn't she smiling?" He would reply, "What are you talking about? She is smiling!" Heeheehee. That would always make me laugh. Just imagine what they would think I would look like when I wasn't smiling!

And that people, is my 7 things. Feel free to take the award for yourself!

Linking to Project Alicia for The Crazy Days of Summer.

3 comments:

Melodie said...

I am so glad you picked up the Versatile Blogger Award ! It is nice to learn new and interesting things about you!

Cedar said...

Very funny about the smile thing! Hope you had a terrific summer!

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

The soccer thing cracked me up!
Thank you so much for joining Alicia and me in the Crazy Days of Summer "Sweet Summer Finale". You've been entered for a chance to win an amazing $200 photography and scrapbooking prize pack. It's just our way of saying thanks... Have a great day. :)