Thursday, October 13, 2011

Goodbyes and (Hopefully) Future Hellos

I said goodbye to Tinkerbell on Tuesday. It was hard, seeing as I have raised him since the day after he was born. I watched him growing up, becoming a moody, smelly buck. But he was my baby and my first longtime, solely my own, goat. I will miss him dearly, but he was bought by one of my best friends grandparents neighbors. Confusing, I know.

I do hope to enjoy some baby goats next March. I can't wait for them to arrive. I can't put into words how much the joy of baby goats fills my heart, just thinking about them makes my heart race. Is that just me being weird? Or is it all goat owners who have experienced baby goats? I will probably obsess about them until they arrive and then I will obsess about how cute they are and how much I love them and so on and so forth. 

Goodbye to Tinkerbell and hello to the next generation. 

Linking to Verde Farm for Farm Friend Friday.

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

It is always hard to say goodbye but it has to be done. new ones are fun for everygoat

Millie said...

We always miss them when they have to leave here too. Our human is positively nuts about the new little kids.

Claire the Shepherdess said...

He's very handsome....I'm sad that you had to say goodbye, but it sounds like he's gone to a good home and maybe you'll be able to visit sometimes. I love the baby goats too! :)