Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grey Day and Goaty Portraits

The corn is gone. Yesterday, it was all taken away by a big loud machine thing. Our Human gave us long enough tethers to go a bit into the corn field and eat the left overs.
 It also gives us nice access to burr bushes. The days are getting dreary and colorless. Green is being replaced with browns, greys and a bit of reddish orange.
 I do wish we had our corn field back, it was fun to get lost in! And it was a pretty golden color.

Our Human was silly enough to cut herself doing the dishes on Monday night and had to go to the hospital and get 4 stitches in her right pinky finger. That's why goats don't do dishes. She says that the most painful part was when she had to get the shots for the nerve block. She HATES shots. And I'm just repeating what she told me!


Linking to Jenny Matlock's Autumn Colors.

Also linking to Verde Farms's Fall Friend Friday.

15 comments:

EG Wow said...

So sad your human had to get stitches. OUCH! I hope you'll behave at least until her pinkie is feeling better.

Pricilla said...

I hope your human is feeling better.

I love corn too but ours is all gone

Barbara F. said...

Hope the human feels better! You are one cute goat!! Visiting from Jenny's blog. xo

Mary said...

Humans do crazy things, I think one of you is smiling in the header picture, you look very cute...

Millie said...

I'm so glad they sewed your human's pinky up and she didn't have to have it amputated like our Bob cat. I wonder if he was doing dishes. I'm so glad we goats don't have to do that!

Vicki/Jake said...

That was just so dang human! I don't like dishes either....

Teresa said...

Now that's a good excuse not to do dishes. Hope the pinky feels better soon. Beautiful goatie portraits.

Lola said...

Hope the human's better too!

Alphabe-Thursday

Karen S. said...

Oh but these most lovely faces make up for all that pale grey autumn tones but it's (much like my autumn colors here this year) these are just the cutest though, glad you shared them with us!

Sue said...

Hope your human heals hastily!

=)

anitamombanita said...

owie owie. I heard that goats DO do the dishes...they wash and dispose of them with a single bite!! LOL. What cute goatee faces!

Judie said...

Oh, those burr bushes are soooo horrible! When we got to see our daughter in New Orleans, there are burr bushes on the way to the levee where we walk the dogs. It is sooooo hard to get those burrs combed out!

Sorry about the stitches! I hate those things!!

Esther Joy said...

I hope your finger is doing better and heals without any problems. Enjoyed the goat-view of life!

Jenny said...

Oh no! Shots in your finger! This sounds really, really horrible.

I was surprised to realize that goats would eat burrs. I'm surprised none of the other ones nibbled the little 'buffet' in the second picture!

Thanks for a wonderful look at Autumn in your neck of the woods!

Really a neat Fall Break post!

A+

Jenny said...

Hey, are you okay?