Thursday, November 10, 2011

B is for Brrr

This is what I woke up to yesterday.

 And also what I woke up to today. 
This is really it. No more outdoor soccer, or running around in the cornfield screaming really loudly (don't worry, I'll still scream a lot for the fun of it).

ADVOCAP was doing work on my house and they found a HUGE honey bee nest. I'm not super allergic, but I still have a fit every time I get time I get stung. Like, screaming and crying. And I don't cry. Not even when I get run over by a crazy 18 year old in soccer. But my (insert whatever body part that got stung here) will swell up and hurt super bad for hours and I have to walk around with an ice pack for a day or two. If I have soccer that day, I carry icecubes to numb it. Yeah, I don't die or anything. But it still hurts like heck!

Linking to Alphabe-Thursday by Jenny Matlock. 

13 comments:

BEAR's Mom said...

i love your goats!!!
my mom had one when i was a kid (pun intended) and they always make me smile when i see some now.
a goat's view of eden is a blog i enjoy visiting. http://edenhillsgoat.blogspot.com/
~victoria~

Lauren said...

Wowsa! Great post. We just moved from Texas to Idaho and are adjusting to the weather. Believe it or not, we are actually excited about the snow. Of course, by next year, we will probably be over it!

Pricilla said...

No snow in Montana for which we goats are happy. I'm sorry you got stung

Sue said...

My son is allergic to bee bites, too. It's really miserable, and he gets hives and asthma with it.

I always wish he would carry one of those epi sticks, but he doesn't.

"/

beckyp said...

Im in WI too and got some snow here as well I don't mind it too much but I went for a walk today and of course no one shoveled thier sidewalk and it was nearly impossible to push a stroller through the melted slush

Judie said...

I love your photos. I'm glad that we don't have mornings like yours, though.

Karen S. said...

Oh for goodness sakes, yes brrrr and a few other choice words. I'm not ready for this at all!

Anonymous said...

Jeannette St G from Alphabe...Oh no! Already? So sorry, it didn't even look this cold and foggy in Holland where I was a week ago!

Millie said...

We don't like snow! Luckily our snow all melted away.

Teresa said...

At least it makes for beautiful pictures!

storybeader said...

We had rain last week... I guess it's time for the cold fronts to be marching through! Hope the goats were "inside"! {:-Deb

anitamombanita said...

haha...that looks like our neighborhood. I'm sitting and listening to the wind and snow hitting the windows this very moment. brrrr.

I missed the posting deadline for Alphabe-Thursday this week...feel free to stop by, tho... :)

Jenny said...

Beautiful, beautiful snow!

This is really lovely but I'm feeling the brrrrr all the way down here!

Did you actually get some honey from that honey bee nest?

Thanks for a beautiful post for the letter B.

A+